Thursday, April 18, 2019

Media, Meet Your vendors!

Meet Andrew & Cassy Quillin of Home Slice Pies…
Hi there! We are Andrew & Cassy Quillin. We live in a cabin in the woods and bake pies! We specialize in four-inch mini pies that are baked fresh daily. We also bake up full-size pies for the holidays and special orders. We focus on seasonal flavors and use local and organic ingredients to the highest degree possible. From our all-butter crusts to our fresh fillings, every piece of the pie is made from scratch, with love. Launching in October 2018, Home Slice Pies is a roaming pie shop, which means you can find us at local farmers’ markets, craft shows, breweries, and other Cleveland area events. We love to cater weddings and parties too! We are brand new to Avant-Garde, but we are excited to be participating in 3 shows this year! 
What inspires us? We love pie! In fact, we believe pie has special powers - it can heal, comfort, say thank you, apologize, and congratulate. It is such a cozy and nostalgic treat! We also believe that pie is meant to be shared. And that's what really inspires us: sharing our pies with our community! We have a large collection of pie cookbooks that we read for inspiration. We also love to brainstorm ideas for new pies based on the seasons and holidays. We have a lot of fun coming up with seasonal flavors and spending a weekend testing them out.                                
We wanted to find something that we could do together and really enjoy. Since cooking and baking has always been our number one shared passion/hobby, we knew that was the direction we wanted to go in. The idea for Home Slice Pies came up in one of our brainstorming sessions and we just fell in love with the idea and ran with it. We cook together every night and we love to bake up new treats on the weekends. After Cassy was in a bad car accident 2 years ago, we got really into pie making - it's very therapeutic and healing! It really became a passion for both of us and the feedback we got from friends, coworkers, and family who sampled our pies made us realize that we could be onto something! In five years, we would love to have a food truck. A larger commercial kitchen space and savory pies are also on the wish list! Overall, our message is that pie is a simple (and delicious!) pleasure in today's chaotic and complicated world - share it with those you love! 


Meet Cara Dulaney of Cara’s Creations...
Hi my name is Cara Dulaney and I am 52 years old.Me and my family moved back to Medina, Ohio in 2018. I'm married to a wonderful guy whose name is Scott. We've been married for 5 years. I also have a beautiful 19-year-old daughter. Her name is Lexi. She works part-time and is going to college for Radiology. We have a sweet and pretty Aussie named Sadie. I work full time and make floral and crafts on the side. My dream has always been to one day own my own business and just make crafts and floral. I am excited to do this show and hope to see and meet many more people. So I hope to see you in April.
I've been doing Florals and Crafts for over 30 years, but this is my first Avant-Garde Show. I love, and always have, making things, it runs in my family. I have a great imagination and very creative, so the more things I make, the better I get. When I make things for people they always love them so that makes me happy. I just wish I had more money to do it. I have a great imagination and very creative. 

My inspiration is just imagination and fun! I love making new and beautiful things. My dream is to own my own business. I have many messages in my work: believe, hope, love, and dream for a great future. I believe in myself, hope my dream comes true and love what I do.


                                      
2019 Medina Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, April 27, 2019
 10:00am-5:00pm 
Medina Community Recreation Center
855 Weymouth Rd. 
Medina, OH 44256
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
LINKEDIN

No comments:

Post a Comment